I love this pooch

I love this pooch
Lola, My Showgirl

Sunday, January 30, 2011

New Years Resolution-EPIC FAIL!

So much for writing every week. No excuses other than the fact that I can't really think of anything witty to write about. Blog writers block party of 1? Your table is now available.

So my car had to get another new water pump this weekend...yes another new one. My Dad replaced the first one over Christmas break when he noticed a small hairline fracture in the pump (hey I helped!). So we took all of this time to properly install the dang thing right the first time, not to mention it was FRIGID outside, and turns out we got a faulty pump. Damn you Advance Auto Parts! I was leaking antifreeze everywhere and I had a fear I was going to end up killing someones pet, so I needed it fixed asap.

Thank goodness for good people. My friend from work races and builds cars and has a huge shop fully equipped with an air ratchet and all. He offered to help a sista out. With a little bit of help from his friend they had the pump off and reinstalled the new one in less than an hour. Aaaand replaced my serpentine belt AAAANNNND buffed my headlights so they look almost new! It was amazing.

I don't know what about that kind of stuff is so interesting to me, but I love it. I love getting my hands dirty and am in awe when people are able to do this kind of stuff themselves. Kudos to those who can.

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment